Lil Wayne is out of the hospital, according to his Young Money associate Mack Maine.
Mack Maine told his Twitter followers on Monday night that the multiplatinum rapper had left Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles, where he had been hospitalized since last week.
Mack Maine tweeted his thanks to the hospital and said Lil Wayne had officially been released and was headed home. He added: "God is great."
Lil Wayne — who has a history of seizures — was hospitalized last week. A person close to his camp who requested anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation told The Associated Press that a seizure was the cause of his hospitalization.
- Justin Timberlake's comeback single 'Suit & Tie' debuted at number 14 on the Billboard Pop Songs chart this week, achieving the highest first-week plays on US radio since its premiere on January 14, 2013. The track received 6,045 plays across the US last week, topping Lady GaGa's first-week record of 4,602 for 'Born This Way' back in February 2011, reports Billboard. It also garnered JT making it the highest debut for a male artist. Photo: MySpace
- Lil Wayne has officially dethroned The King. The rapper has surpassed Elvis Presley as the male with the most entries on Billboard's Hot 100 chart. Mr. Carter beat Elvis with 109 songs to the latter's 108 on that chart with Thursday's debut of Game's song "Celebration," where he guests alongside Chris Brown, Tyga and Wiz Khalifa. Take a look at more chart record breakers! Photo: Getty Images
- Adele - The British chanteuse's 21 album stayed at the number 1 spot for 24 weeks, highest total on the charts in 27 years. Photo: Getty Images
- Beyonce and Jay-Z little bundle Blue Ivy is the youngest person ever to chart, Baby Blue's crying is audible in Jay-Z's "Glory." Photo: Tumblr
- Drake broke R&B/Hip-Hop chart records with 12 no. 1s with "No Lie," surpassing Jay-Z. Photo: Getty Images
- The Glee cast and their covers got them the most Hot 100 entries EVER with 204 songs. Photo: Getty Images
- Gotye's "Somebody I Used to Know" hit no. 1 in the BillBoard Hot 100, Alternative music and Dance/Club chart with the Tiesto Remix. The Australian singer also holds the crown as the solo artist to reign at no 1 longer than any other in the history of the charts. Photo: Getty Images
- Justin Bieber's 'Believe'had the biggest debut sales of the year and it was his fourth no. 1 album on the Billboard 200. Photo: Getty Images
- Katy Perry counts nine No. 1s on the Pop Songs chart, a record seven on the Adult Pop Songs chart, 10 on Dance/Club Play Songs and an overall seven atop the Hot 100. Photo: Getty Images
- Pink Floyd is truly one of the most beloved rock bands of all time, Their classic album Dark Side of the Moon has been on the BillBoard charts for 741 weeks, longer than any album in history! Photo: Official Release
- Country singin' sweetheart Taylor Swift's "Never Ever" scored her the biggest digital sales week ever for a female artist with over 623,000 downloads. Photo: Getty Images
- British folk band Mumford and Sons bumped Justin Bieber from his throne as the biggest debut sales of 2012 moving 600,000 copies of their sophomore album Babel on it's release day. BillBoard reports marks the biggest debut this year, the largest sales week for RED Distribution ever and the second-biggest frame for an independently-distributed album. Photo: Official Photo