Lady Gaga canceled the remainder of her "Born This Way Ball" concert tour to undergo hip surgery, promoters Live Nation said on Wednesday.
The 26-year-old singer announced she was suffering from an inflammation of the joints on Tuesday, but the tour operator said Gaga's injuries were more serious than she realized.
"After additional tests this morning to review the severity of the issue, it has been determined that Lady Gaga has a labral tear of the right hip," Live Nation said in a statement.
"She will need surgery to repair the problem, followed by strict downtime to recover. This, unfortunately, will force her to cancel the tour so she can heal," it added.
Gaga has been on the road for two years, traveling across six continents.
On Tuesday, she postponed four U.S. shows saying she was suffering from synovitis that left her temporarily unable to walk. Synovitis is an inflammation of the joints that sometimes follows a sprain, strain or injury.
According to her website, the singer was due to play another 20 dates in the United States.
Live Nation said ticket holders would have their money refunded, starting on Thursday.
- Lady Gaga does not care what anyone thinks about her and during her current "Born This Way" mega tour it couldn't be more apparent. She's undone, gained some weight and smoked marijuana on stage in Amsterdam. Photo: Twitter
- In fishnets and a cut off white tee with pot leafs all over, a disheveled Gaga gave everyone something to talk about. Photo: Twitter
- She showed off her new curvy frame in a meat bodysuit. Photo: Twitter
- Nutritionist Majid Ali opines that Gaga's weight can be attributed to her alcohol consumption. Photo: Twitter
- Fashion maven Kelly Osbourne believes Mama Monster may have her own little monster in the oven. She told British TV show host Alan Carr that she think Lady G is preggers because she keeps covering her stomach and she's showing more recently. Photo: Twitter
- Lady Gaga lights up a spliff on stage. Maybe munchies are the culprit? Photo: Twitter
- Gaga says marijuana changed her life. She's stopped drinking and it's been a "spritual" experience for her and her music. Photo: Twitter
- Always the exhibitionist, Gaga exposes her body no matter what shape she's in. Photo: Twitter
- Her tight clothes accentuate her lumps and he couldn't care less Photo: Twitter
(Reporting By Jill Serjeant; Editing by Stacey Joyce)